Dates (click to register)
Thursday, April 8, 2010 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm (ET)
NOTE: In order to register for this event, you will need to create a login ID on the CSBS website. You cannot use your NMLS login ID.
NMLS is sponsoring a 90 minute webinar to review the S.A.F.E. Act’s testing, education, criminal background and credit check requirements for mortgage loan originators and how these can be satisfied through NMLS.
Who should participate?
Compliance and HR staff, mortgage loan originators, and state trade association executives
What will participants learn?
1. S.A.F.E Mortgage Loan Originator Test
• Review of the National Component and State Components
• How to register one or more MLOs through NMLS
• Certification requirements for individuals who have previously taken a state test
• Testing deadlines across states
• Policy governing test retakes
2. S.A.F.E Pre-licensure and Continuing Education Requirements
• Review of the Pre-licensure and Continuing Education Requirements
• Certification of education of previously taken for a state license in fulfillment of the S.A.F.E. Act’s pre-licensure requirements
• How to find and use the list of NMLS approved education providers
• Education deadlines across states
3. FBI Criminal History Records Check
• S.A.F.E. Act’s criminal history requirements
• How to submit fingerprints for background check and check on the status in NMLS
• Fingerprint submission deadlines across states
• What to do if your prints are returned as “illegible” by the FBI
4. Credit Reports and Financial Responsibility
• Review of the S.A.F.E. Act mandates for credit reports and a determination of “Financial Responsibility”
• Timing of functionality in NMLS and state deadlines
• Dispel myths concerning credit report requirements and state reviews of credit backgrounds
5. Managing S.A.F.E Act requirements for MLOs this year to meet compliance requirements across states
The registration fee for this professionally-moderated workshop is $75, which entitles the registrant to one conference call dial-in and one webinar login for the audio and visual portions respectively. THE DIAL-IN NUMBER AND WEBINAR LINK WILL BE EMAILED TO REGISTRANTS 2 DAYS BEFORE THE WORKSHOP.