State agencies are expanding their use of NMLS to manage license authorities beyond the mortgage industry. See the map below which shows state agencies that have transitioned new industry license types onto NMLS. Click here for more details regarding Consumer Finance, Debt, and Money Service Business related licensing on NMLS.
- License authorities may include corporate and branch license authorities.
- For money transmitters, Authorized Agents/Authorized Delegates will NOT be managed using the NMLS Branch Licensing Form. State regulators are working on separate functionality to manage the reporting of these Agents/Delegates in a uniform manner.
- NMLS Processing Fees will only be charged at renewal (not at application or transition) for license authorities that do not include the ability to originate, fund, or service mortgages.
- Licensing standards and requirements will continue to be determined by state law.
Company (MU1) Form Filing Instructions
- Instructions and workflow for submitting a complete Company (MU1) form through NMLS, including instructions for Individual (MU2) form attestation. Helpful to companies trying to complete their record for the first time in NMLS.
Training workshops are available for Other Financial Services Industries.