- It is recommended that you use the latest version of your browser software to access NMLS. If you need to update your browser, use the appropriate link below for instructions on how to download and install an update:
- Enabling the browser to use "cookies" is recommended.
- When using Internet Explorer (IE) as your browser, please turn off the Compatibility View in the Tools section. If after upgrading your IE version, you continue to get the warning message, go to Tools > Compatibility View Settings. The NMLS site will be listed as “statemortgageregistry.com”. Select this site and click remove.
- The system supports a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768. While 1024 x 768 is adequate in most regards, the user may experience some text wrapping. Higher screen resolutions of 1280 x 800 or more will offer a better viewing experience and are recommended.
- The system requires a high-speed Internet connection.
- Some of the pages within the NMLS and NMLS Consumer Access sites link to Portable Document Format (PDF) files which require a PDF reader to view. You may download a free copy of Adobe® Reader® if you do not already have it on your computer. Get Adobe Reader now.
All documents uploaded to NMLS undergo a virus scan. It is the user's responsibility to test any files they download for viruses.