1. Am I required to submit a Mortgage Call Report (MCR) through NMLS?
Companies that hold a state license or state registration through NMLS will be required to complete a Mortgage Call Report. Review the State MCR Requirements Chart for state-specific details.
Are you a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac Seller/Service or a Ginnie Mae Issuer? If so, your company must submit an Expanded Mortgage Call Report, see Getting Started: Expanded MCR.
2. What do I have to submit in the Standard MCR?
The Standard MCR contains two components:
- Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) - This component collects application, closed loan, individual MLO, Line of Credit and repurchase information by state.
- Financial Condition (FC) – This component collects financial information at the company level. It does not have to be completed by state.
3. When does the Standard MCR need to be submitted?
- Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) – Due quarterly, within 45 days of the end of every calendar quarter:
- Q1 data (January 1 – March 31) is due May 15
- Q2 data (April 1 – June 30) is due August 14
- Q3 data (July 1 – September 30) is due November 14
- Q4 data (October 1 – December 31) is due February 14
- Financial Condition (FC) – Due annually, within 90 days of your company’s Fiscal Year End
4. Get prepared
Download a sample (PDF | Excel) and the Standard MCR Field Definitions to review all of the fields required in the RMLA and FC components of the Standard MCR.
MLO loan activity data can be entered manually or uploaded using a CSV file. For upload details, see the MLO Upload Specification and Sample.
The Practice Worksheet has been designed to help you prepare and complete your quarterly Standard MCR filings.
Sample MCR filings by business model:
5. Submit your Standard MCR
The Standard MCR must be submitted under the Filing Tab in NMLS. The following quick guides will walk you through creating and completing the Standard MCR through NMLS:
Standard MCR – Residential Mortgage Loan Activity
Standard MCR – Financial Condition