The following steps are for companies who are submitting an Expanded Mortgage Call Report.
Getting Started: Expanded MCR
Import Information on Changes to Mortgage Call Report
Effective for Quarter 1, 2016 reporting, changes have been made that impact the Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) component for Standard filers and both the RMLA and Financial Condition (FC) components for Expanded filers. This includes the addition of fields to capture loans that are not subject to Qualified Mortgage standards, completeness check/ calculation updates, and improved overall usability. To review the full list of changes as they may relate to your company's submission of any new MCR filings on or after April 1, 2016, see the FV5 Modifications Summary.
1. Am I required to submit a Mortgage Call Report (MCR) through NMLS?
Companies that hold a state license or state registration through NMLS will be required to complete a Mortgage Call Report. Review the State MCR Requirements Chart for state-specific details.
2. What do I have to submit in the Expanded MCR?
The Expanded MCR contains two components:
- RMLA - This component collects application, closed loan, individual MLO, Line of Credit, servicing and repurchase information by state.
- FC – This component collects financial information at the company level. It does not have to be completed by state.
3. When does the Expanded MCR need to be submitted?
Both RMLA and FC components must be submitted quarterly, within 45 days of the end of every calendar quarter. Although a company's fiscal year may not be aligned with the calendar year, the FC needs to be reflective of the calendar quarter.
- Q1 data (January 1 – March 31) is due May 15
- Q2 data (April 1 – June 30) is due August 14
- Q3 data (July 1 – September 30) is due November 14
- Q4 data (October 1 – December 31) is due February 14
4. How do I Get prepared?
Download a Sample and the Expanded Field Definitions to review all of the fields required in the RMLA and FC components of the Expanded MCR.
5. How do I submit the Expanded MCR?
The Expanded MCR must be submitted under the Filing Tab in NMLS. The following quick quide will walk you through creating and completing the Expanded MCR through NMLS:
Expanded MCR Quick Guide