The State Regulatory Registry LLC (SRR) is committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. The following discloses our policy for gathering and disseminating information for this website. If you have any questions about your rights as a user of this service, you can reach us at email@example.com.
- The information we collect and how we use it;
- Your right to access or update your personally identifiable information;
- Your right to opt-out of receiving communications from us; and
- Our pledge to have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
Information We Collect
SRR collects two types of information about you when you visit our site: personal information (including, by way of example only, your name, address, employer, title, telephone number and e-mail address and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site that you have visited and your IP address).
1. Personally Identifiable Information
The only personally identifying information that we collect and store about you is the information that you have chosen to provide to us. For example, if you wish to register for an event advertised on our site, we will have to collect your personal information to respond to your request. Additionally, if you wish to register on the SRR websites, you will be required to submit your personal information. If you send us an e-mail requesting information about SRR or NMLS or otherwise ask us a question, we may collect your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information so that we can respond to your request or question. We may also from time to time send you email and postal mail correspondence regarding products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Furthermore, if you choose to enroll in an event or purchase services from the SRR website, we will collect your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We collect and use non-personally identifiable information about you in the following ways:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or the proxy address of your Internet Service Provider (e.g. AOL, CompuServe, Comcast, etc.);
- The resource on the SRR server accessed as a result of the request, such as the web page, image, etc.;
- The query in the request;
- The name and version of your web browser;
- The content of any sent or received cookie, as defined below;
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that was accessed before making the request for SRR’s web server.
Some parts of the SRR Website may use a “cookie” – a file placed on your computer hard drive allowing the SRR server to log the pages accessed in the SRR site to determine if you have visited before. This cookie captures no personally identifying information. You can set your browser to warn you when placement of a cookie is requested, and decide whether or not to accept it. By rejecting a cookie some of the features available on the site may not function properly.
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
1. Disclosure of Information by SRR
We may share your personal information with any affiliates, partners, agents or other parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your information in this manner, please see the “CHOICE” section below. SRR also reserves the right to disclose your personal and non-personal information if SRR reasonably believes it is required to do so by law; to protect itself or to protect the rights of another user; to reduce risk of credit or other kind of fraud; or to comply with a court order.
SRR may also share your personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our website and databases, order fulfillment and shipping, credit card processing companies and with our third party affiliates, partners and sponsors.
Though we may also from time to time share your personal information with third parties for research and development purposes, we will not sell your personal information to any third parties, other than as specifically disclosed in this policy.
Finally, in the unlikely event that SRR ever becomes insolvent and seeks protection under the Bankruptcy laws, SRR may share or sell your personal information and non-personal information with a third party that intends to continue the business.
From time to time, we might offer chat rooms or posting boards. Keep in mind that if you choose to post information in any chat rooms or on any posting boards, you may be revealing your personal information to the public. If you do not wish for your personal information to be disclosed to the public, you should not include any personal information in your postings, or you should refrain from using the chat rooms or posting boards. By using the SRR chat rooms or posting boards, you acknowledge that SRR has no control over what third parties may do with that information.
2. Third Party Links
Notification of Changes
Choices Available to the User
SRR provides the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information.
- You may set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate this website may be hindered.
- If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from any of our on-line mailing lists, please send an email to David Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Unsubscribe" and give a brief explanation.
- You may elect to not have your information shared. However, if you do not want for us to share your information with the parties mentioned above, please do not submit your personal information to the SRR website.
We make every effort to have reasonable security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to collect and transmit your information. If you have any questions about the security of our Website, please email email@example.com.